Hello and thank you for choosing the Leapfrog Xeed for your printing needs.
The following solution will instruct you on how to replace the Hot end on your Xeed 2015.
Please follow the steps below in the presented order:
1. Make sure you do not have any filament left inside the hot end:
- heat up the hot end and use the retract command to move the filament from the hot end;
2. Now loosen the grub screws which hold the hot ends in place and also disconnect the heat cartridge and the thermistor:
3. At this point you can connect the new hot end ( do not forget about the thermistor and heat cartridge) and insert them in the print head;
4. Now move the print head to the middle of the granite bed and use the Z home command to push the hot ends in the print head and level them. Tighten the hot ends in place and move to the next step;
5. The final step is to use the bed level command so the bed level is done in accordance with the new hot ends and also adjust the Z offset:
If you need more details on the steps you need to follow or something is unclear please address them to one of our support agents in a ticket.
We thank you for checking out our Leapfrog 3D Printer technical support solutions online! If you were unable to fine a solution in our database, please feel free to open a new support ticket by clicking the following link: I want to open a new support ticket.