Hello and thank you for choosing the Leapfrog Xeed for your printing needs.
The following solution will instruct you on how to check the function of the Xeed drive unit to make sure it is not a electronic issue.
- Allen keys/drivers with the following numbers:
1. First remove any filament and unscrew the push in couplings from the drive units;
2. Now remove the drive unit from the drawer of the Xeed printer by removing the 4 bolts holding it into place;
3. Next remove the top of the drive unit cover that protects the fans by removing the 4 bolts circled in the picture below;
4. The final step is to remove the cover is to unscrew the four bolts, two on each side so you can lift the cover and expose the wires connecting the stepper motors;
5. The final step is to lift the cover and swap the connectors;
6. Once the connectors are swapped turn on the printer and heat the extruders up and then command the left drive unit to load filament and observe the right drive unit if the same sort of movement appears.
Thank you for reading the solution and for any other issues please do not hesitate to contact our Leapfrog Support Team.
We wish you happy printing!